|PRODUCT CODE||AVAILABLE PACKAGING||CLEANING SOLUTIONS|
|PRODUCT CODE:120402||AVAILABLE PACKAGING:pail, drum||CLEANING SOLUTIONS:Oil spill pollution||IMO:||
WATER-BASED, LOW TOXIC OIL SPILL DISPERSANT
- Water-based concentrate dispersant containing no hydrocarbons.
- Efficient dispersant on a wide range of oils.
- Suitable for uses on the sea, beaches, and rocks.
- Greater flexibility in use/more cost-effectiveness.
- Biodegradable, low-toxic product.
- Diminishes the overall damage to the environment.
- Meets today`s pollution and environmental standards.
- Used as a Type II dispersant on light oil slicks.
- Suitable for aerial spraying as Type II.
- Approved as a Type II dispersant according to LR448 Specifications by the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA) former the U.K. Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAFF) and by the Greek National Institute of Marine Research.
SEAWASH No2 is an economical, new-generation, concentrated oil spill dispersant that rapidly converts oil into small droplets, which can then be readily dispersed in the sea. It has extremely low toxicity, is totally biodegradable and contains no petroleum solvents. It is an approved Type II dispersant, covering both efficiency and toxicity, for use in dispersion of oil on sea, beaches and rocks.
SEAWASH No2 is suitable for dispersing a wide range of oil pollution, i.e. at sea, on rocky shoreline and beaches.
A. OIL SLICKS AT SEA
SEAWASH No2 is used diluted in sea water or undiluted by direct spraying to disperse the oil slick. To minimize the damage of the environment and for optimal results, use the product at an early stage of the clean up operation. Time is crucial as evaporation of the lighter fractions of oil and natural wave action will leave a harder-to-disperse residue.
Dilute 1 part of SEAWASH No2 in 10 parts of sea water. Mix well immediately before use. Mixing ration may vary, depending on oil viscosity, spill thickness and oil type. 1 liter of SEAWASH No2 solution will disperse approximately 10 m2 of spill. Use a dosing rate of one part product solution to two parts of oil.
B. AERIAL SPRAYING
SEAWASH No2 may be sprayed undiluted or diluted in sea water over the sea. The dilution ratio depends on the degree of contamination. Always ensure the spraying equipment is approved. For optimum efficiency, spraying equipment should achieve a spray droplet size of 0.4 to 1.0 mm in diameter. All necessary precautions for aerial spraying should be followed.
C. BEACH & SHORE LINE
SEAWASH No2 may be used for beach and shore cleaning as it meets the high technological standards required for this area of cleaning. Where application is justified, the most appropriate method of use will depend on the type of shore line, the type of oil and the extent of contamination. When a beach has oily liquid from a spill, it is advisable to remove as much as possible of the liquid mechanically, before applying SEAWASH No2.
The type of dispersant to be used will depend on the type and the amount of oil. For light to medium crude and fuel oils, a solution of SEAWASH No2 would most probably prove sufficient. For heavier oils, use the product concentrate. Apply the product over the oil working from the low water mark upwards, before a rising tide. In calm areas, use hoses to wash down the shore line and to remove the oil from the beach and rocks.
This product is used for the highlighted parts below
Oil spill pollution.
ordering this product?